Musings

Friday, January 07, 2011

Defensive Driving

While waiting at a traffic light the other day, I glanced into my rear-view mirror and saw the driver of the truck behind me looking down and to the side. It seemed strange and I continued to watch. When the light changed I pulled away and noticed he was looking straight ahead. When a steady rate of speed was achieved I looked back and he was again looking down and to the right. Hmmn, is he texting or reading something? He was right on my back and I became concerned - if I have to stop fast will he be able to stop? I moved slowly into the right lane, slowed my speed and allowed him to pass. I put a few cars between his and my vehicle. Gradually, I lost sight of him and continued to drive smoothly and listen to my soothing music.

2 Comments:

  • Smart move.

    I've never known you to drive in the left lane before.

    By Blogger John Beauregard, at 6:39 PM  

  • He may have been texting, reading a book, emailing or reading a map.
    Yeah, ok reading a map was a little much, people use GPS now.
    I saw a woman reading a book once. Scary!

    By Blogger cheryl, at 2:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home