Musings

Sunday, January 09, 2011

Left Lane

On the Interstates, to move as speedily as possible, I drive in the left lane. It is my habit to drive slightly over the speed limit. If the limit is 70 I will do 76 in the left lane, if the limit is 75 I will do 81 in the left lane. It pleases me very much to have a car come up swiftly with the intention of letting me know to move over, and I gladly comply. Nothing better than to have a leader car with a speed of 90 sweeping the police off the road with their speed. On I10 the maximum speed in 70 because it is a two lane road. On I75 the maximum speed is 75 because it is three lanes both directions, sometimes four lanes. These are the roads I use for driving between Atlanta and Jacksonville. The trip usually takes 5.5 hours. I did receive a ticket once when I failed to notice repair cones. Fortunately, I was not going excessively fast at that time, but, it did result in my need to take an Internet driving test. John surprised me with the statement that he did not know me to drive in the left lane. Off the Interstates, I am content in driving in the right lane except when there are cars continually turning right. Then, I want to be in the left lane. In the local roads and neighborhoods I am content with driving slowly. It frustrates Pat when she is with me, often saying: "Why are you driving so slow?"

4 Comments:

  • There are sections of I 75 that are only 65 and 55 mph. You may want to watch that. They now have a law in GA called the "Super Speeder". The new law titled HB160 tacks-on another two-hundred-dollar state-fee for any driver convicted of speeding at 75-or-more on any two-lane roads.. OR convicted of speeding at 85-and-over anywhere in Georgia. There is an additional fine of 50 dollars if the fine is not paid on time. The money is in addition to your speeding ticket. This is paid to the state. Just a little FYI.

    http://www.safespeedsgeorgia.org/

    By Blogger cheryl, at 2:33 PM  

  • You have a reputation for driving slow (maybe from Pat). I can only recall being driven twice by you and both were on surface streets and you lived up to your reputation. Thus my comment about the left lane.

    By Blogger John Beauregard, at 9:40 AM  

  • I am a tuck driver with CR England. We are known to drive slow on the highway.I have a video on my blog that may explaine why we do this. Take a look if you would like. www.friskylane.blogspot.com

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:20 PM  

  • Hap not only added sleeping the north face sale and pack production to the business but also tagged it with the popular logo that the company still uses today. and by the end of the decade they had become the only supplier in the U.Store.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home