Musings

Saturday, May 17, 2008

Liberation Theology Revisited

My, my, what a difference - the web sites I visited only about a month ago have changed. I was discussing Black Liberation Theology with a person at McDonald's and he requested the sites from which I got my information. I got those sites and opened them and they are now very different than they were. They are: Wikpedia, Black Liberation Theology and http://www. tucc.org/house.htm The Trinity United Church of Christ has removed much that I remembered and instead it is replaced with something that could be from any other church. Nothing about the supremacy of the black race, nothing about only caring for black people, nothing about being enslaved by the white people from the start of this Nation to today. Why did they change everything? Did their new pastor do the changing? Very fascinating. The Wikpedia site has also changed. It is now loaded with philosophical history about Liberation Theology, listing many philosophers and their books. Nevertheless, it does mention Wright and Cone but it is now a watered down version, still startling to someone who remembers this is supposed to be Christian. I regret that I did not print out the versions that I saw before.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home