Musings

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

"Fight Like A Girl"

During a recent Tea Party gathering, Sarah Palin was exhorting republican congressman and senators to do more than compromise, she wanted them to fight. She used the line: "If you won't fight like men, then fight like a girl." I liked that line and found it amusing. After thinking about it for awhile, I realized I did not really know what that meant. What does it mean to fight like a girl? Exactly how did she mean it? I still like the line but admit I do not truly know what it means.

3 Comments:

  • She was referring the GOP's need to have resolve like the University of Wisconsin's women's hockey team. The team recently won the national title.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 1:52 PM  

  • they will do anything to win! Hair pulling, eye poking, face scratching.

    By Blogger cheryl, at 5:12 PM  

  • With all due respect to Dawn and Cheryl I don't think Sarah Palin meant that girls physically fight harder, I think she was referring to the fact that many prominent conservative women like Bachmann, Angle, Brewer, Coulter, Cheney and herself are more tenacious and less compromising than their male counterparts. I think Bachmann would be a much better speaker than Boehner.

    By Blogger John Beauregard, at 1:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home