Musings

Sunday, May 08, 2011

A Touching Ceremony

At the end of today's Mass the priest conducted a ceremony for Mother's Day. He asked the mothers to remain seated and for husbands and children to stand. He asked for husbands and children to place their hand on the mothers head. He then read a short prayer about the importance of the mothers role in our society. He praised how mothers give their love and their life for the family. By touching her head it is acknowledged that she is recognized that she is working God' plan and it is appreciated by all in her family. I was by myself and continued sitting. As I watched this ceremony I realized that it was a fitting prayer, well done.

4 Comments:

  • And how many of those children were ready to (or did) mess up Mom's hair.

    By Blogger cheryl, at 8:49 AM  

  • And how many messed up Mom's hair?

    By Blogger cheryl, at 8:50 AM  

  • Sometimes when you get a blessing, whether you get your hair messed just up does not matter.

    By Blogger Marcel, at 12:32 PM  

  • how true. I guess I would not have minded either. However, some women do mind that sort of thing.

    By Blogger cheryl, at 2:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home