Musings

Monday, June 15, 2009

Dainty Lunching

The other day, while having lunch with the "Y's" Group Exercise Instructors, I observed that most of them ordered a salad (separate checks) and only one ordered a regular lunch. There were about twelve of us and I, the only male, ordered a bowl of soup. The restaurant is called Piece Of Cake and is a favorite of ladies eating out with one another. When the salads came the dressing was on the side and I was amazed to see the ladies dipping a fork into the salad dressing, spearing a piece of salad, and then eating it. For me, if I get dressing on the side, I will dump the amount of dressing I want directly onto the salad. Only one lady, Tracy, dumped her dressing onto the salad, the one that had ordered the regular lunch. I will admit that the dipping method is a control on the amount of dressing consumed. All of the ladies have athletic, trim bodies and look very healthy. Was I observing something that is only local? When it came time for desert all the ladies refused except for one, Tracy, who ordered a four layer piece of cake. Tracy is a short, very shapely lady who has had breast augmentation, tummy tuck, chin sculpting and, perhaps, even lip enhancement. She married a rich man who likes his "Barbie" to look great. Given all the money necessary, I wondered how many others would have ordered a regular lunch.

4 Comments:

  • I noticed a friend do this some time ago and asked her why. She replied that she didn't like getting "glomps" of dressing in one bite and none in another.

    By Blogger Adrienne, at 6:29 PM  

  • Piece Of Cake?? Why would someone go to a restaurant named Piece Of Cake to eat a salad or bowl of soup? That's like eating steak at Macaroni Grill, pie at Cheesecake Factory, Chicken at Steak and Ale or fish at Lowrey's Prime Rib. Many restaurants name their establishment after what they are best at serving. For salads I recommend Just Salads, Souper Salads or Salad Creations. LOL

    By Blogger John Beauregard, at 11:01 AM  

  • Adrienne, I guess that dipping would not work well with Blu Cheese or Roquefort dressing, lots of glomps.

    John, I am unfamiliar with the salad places you mentioned. "Piece OF Cake" was a frou-frou place for upscale lunching by females. It always had many women there for lunch. It closed recently because the owner did not kinow how to keep the menu items fresh.

    By Blogger Marcel, at 1:43 PM  

  • ok, enough about the salad lunch........let's hear about the doughnuts your mother used to make....

    By Blogger cheryl, at 5:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home