Musings

Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Flying In The Future

There is a sure fire way to confound any jihadist in their attempt to take over a plane, or to blow it up. Have all passengers fly naked. Don't laugh, it can be done. Males can sit with males and females sit with females, a curtain between the sexes. There already exists male and female flight attendants. All clothes can be put in bins that would be carried in storage. No more pat downs, no scanners, no sniffer machines. Merely take off the clothes in a room, put them in a bin, add your name on the bin, walk onto the plane. Robes can be available on the plane for those that prefer to fly with something on. Can you stand some potential embarrassment to be able to get onto the plane without long lines and rigmarole?

6 Comments:

  • I could stand it. I wouldn't even need the sexes to be separated. I think the "no inappropriate touching" rules would apply with or without clothes. I would like a robe though, or at least a fresh cloth to cover the seat. That is the part of a nudist colony I never understood. I would have to carry around my own towel to sit on wherever I went or I would never be willing to sit down.

    By Blogger EZ Travel, at 5:53 AM  

  • This policy would make flying next to a screaming baby even worse.

    As a male, I would hope it would be warm on the plane.

    Could they still serve hot liquids?

    There might be lots more new members of the "mile high" club.

    By Blogger John Beauregard, at 11:41 AM  

  • I don't think it would solve the problem. They would just find more "creative" places to keep the explosives.
    I vote for profiling.
    -Tracy

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:15 PM  

  • Erika,
    Do you have any idea how interesting a person you become when you say "no need to separate the sexes"?

    John,
    You get it, trying to figure out how it could be made to happen. Yes, babies and their diapers are a problem, old people with a pill need also. With a curtain between the sexes the mile high club may not increase, unless, the mile high club extends some rules.

    Tracy,
    Thinking about some other places to hide explosives, when everybody is nude, the attempt to get at those explosives may be very easy to spot.

    By Blogger Marcel, at 4:44 PM  

  • verrrry interesting!

    By Blogger cheryl, at 5:50 AM  

  • I had a picture for this section, however I was unsure how to add to your post. I sent it to you via e-mail. Anyone who wants a copy just let me know.

    By Blogger cheryl, at 12:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home