Musings

Saturday, May 12, 2012

Gregory Beauregard

Upon receiving the notice of your High School graduation my thoughts returned to the only time that we had met and what a favorable impression you had made upon me. You may not remember, but I do. In your innocence you accepted me completely, offered me some exotic drinks you had mixed from your chemistry set (which I drank), took me upstairs to your game room and shared your knowledge of a Mario Brothers game. I recollect how you made one bird lay explosive eggs and showed me it's significance. It was all very charming.

And now, you are graduating. I am impelled to offer you some information to you that you may not know, something that I may be uniquely qualified as your great uncle to do. It is important that you know who you are, where you came from in recent history. You are a direct descendant of Andre Beauregard who, as a French soldier, came to North America to protect French settlements and fight against the Indians. He came here in 1590 and did such a good service for the settlers he was rewarded with three islands in the St. Lawrence River. The Beauregard's have always been Catholics and the ones I have known: from your great, great grandfather, Leon; to your great grandfather, Azarias; to your grandfather, John; all have been practicing Catholics. All have been hard workers and worked all their lives, that is, found something physical to do even in old age.They were also a credit to their communities.

In any endeavor you have plan for longevity because you have enduring genes. Leon and Azarias died in their nineties and I am sure John will exceed both of them. An innate intelligence with a sense of humor come with these genes and will give spice to your life. From a spiritual side I want to remind you that you are here to work out your salvation. Be aware that just as the physical side needs nourishment the spiritual side needs care and attention. Listen to the spirit inside of you, pray always to do the right thing.

7 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home