Musings

Sunday, July 15, 2007

Complex Dream

It began with what appeared to be a window onto space, a black space. In the space were about eight little men swirling and tumbling around, their shape not unlike the gnome in the Travelocity ads. Their arms were spread-eagle and the legs were apart also. This shape, like paper cutouts, never changed. Swirling about with them were what appeared to be large snowflakes. The little men were clothed in light blue. As I watched this swirling mass, I thought: "They are like Leprechauns, they should be in green." Right away, the clothing turned Kelly green on all of them at once. This astonished me and I thought: "How can that happen just like that? There was no overcolor, no difference in hue, the color change happened while the tumbling action was taking taking place. How can my brain do this? I thought let the color go black to blue, and it did. I switched the color back and forth a few times more but could not tell how I was doing it. What strange power was I using to do this?" (All this was being done while I was sleeping.) Directly after, I awoke for a customary urinary trip, one of three during most nights. While walking to the bathroom, I puzzeled over how the brain can accomplish such an event as I had just witnessed. I reasoned that the optic nerve could not have been involved because my eyes were closed. In other words, my brain was playing all this onto whatever screen is used for the optic nerve without the need for that nerve. How can the detail remain so sharp, while swirling , without mistakes entering into it all? Upon return to bed I usually fall directly to sleep. I did fall asleep wanting to return to that dream but this dream did not come back. Do any of you recall having direct action and control on a dream like I had? If so let me know. Even better would be a seperate blog outlining it.

3 Comments:

  • sounds like you might have been looking into a snow globe sometime during the day, (with a very short fellow) that you may have told him that he looked better in a green shirt rather than the blue shirt he was wearing.

    I just have those dreams that I'm being chased and I'm screaming and nothing is coming out. Zero sound.

    By Blogger cheryl, at 4:31 PM  

  • Couple of dreams.
    1. Dreamed I was eating giant marshmallows. Woke up with a strange full feeling and a pillow missing.

    2. Dreamed there was a big, badass guy...with a knife...and I was CHASING him.

    3. Keep dreaming of tepees and wigwams. Tepees and wigwams all night. Found out that I'm too tense (two tents).

    By Blogger Tim B., at 7:23 AM  

  • That last one was almost as bad as the joke about the bicycle... Remember? The one that ended with the punchline "too (two) tired"???

    Anyways, most of my dreams are just strange in nature and nothing I do can control what happens. My mother on the other hand screams during her dreams; one of these happened just the other night. She was screaming, "Why!? Why?! No!!" Lord only knows what she was dreaming about...

    By Blogger Sean M., at 9:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home