Musings

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Spiritual reading

The new bookcases have been installed in the McDonough house and the boxes of attic books have been loaded into them. During Christmas vacation I got to browse some books I had not seen in many years. In one philosophy book I had inserted a "reread" note with the date entered. It was a seventeen page excerpt from the BhagavadGita, a writing dated 600 years BC. I enjoyed rereading it as much as I did the first time. Nearly all of it was on how to live one's life and I realized that I had taken much of it to heart. The gap between readings.....57 years.

2 Comments:

  • Is that still marked, so when I go visit THAT library, I can "sheck" it out?

    By Blogger Tim B., at 7:41 PM  

  • Better yet, when I get back to the "Library" I will send you the book.

    By Blogger Marcel, at 2:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home