Musings

Wednesday, November 05, 2008

A New President

Congratulations to all those who picked the winner. It is still hard to believe what has happened. One lady came to my class dressed all in black, she explained she was in mourning for the Country. Bernie wrote me today and said "Happy Days Are Here Again." A majority in this Country have picked who they want to go forward as president. My hope is that he will indeed bring this Country together. Yet, there is this nagging belief that we will find out more about Obama in the future that may give us remorse. Recently, Tom Brokaw admitted that he did not know who Obama was. If he, as a member of the elite press, does not know can the rest of us truly know?

3 Comments:

  • My new out look on this situation is to have cautious support for the new administration. When or if he does something right, I'll be there to support him. When or if he does something I oppose, I'll make sure my voice is heard. In the mean-time, the Republican Party needs to regroup and get it's prorities straight.
    Tracy

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:39 PM  

  • On Wednesday there was a (black) man who came to Tae Kwon Do class wearing a suit and tie (he changed into workout uniform for the class). I asked him why he was wearing the suit and he said “to show my support for my man Barack!” We got to talking a little. I had not watched the speech. As I understood it, Barack said something about not being able to accomplish everything he wants in just 4 years. My friend said “he’s already wanting to get re-elected.” I asked him “During his entire campaign and talking about promises and change, do you recall him ever saying that he won’t be able to accomplish his goals in 4 years?” My friend said no. I asked “Don’t you think that is a little deceptive?” He said no. I politely disagreed.

    I am skeptical. Change, as long as it is for the better, will be good. But I have a gut feeling that we will see a lot of change NOT for the better. The world will be watching carefully since he has made history, so he’d be a fool not to do his best.

    By Blogger Tim B., at 6:54 AM  

  • I'll bet I know more about Obama than half the people who voted for him. It has been said "you can tell a man by his friends". Some of Obama's friends are so anti America, racist and extreme liberal that it makes me leery of Obama.
    In my view we had two of the most deeply flawed presidential candidates in my lifetime. I could not bring myself to vote for either one.

    By Blogger John Beauregard, at 5:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home