Musings

Monday, July 06, 2009

9.5%

The percentage of jobless is now at 9.5% and is on it's way to 14% before the end of the year. This can be seen in the PBI (Private Business Investment) decline that is now taking place. For every 5% decline in the BPI there is a corresponding 1% increase in the number of jobless. Do yoou know of anybody that is willing to start a new business at this time? Do you know any business person that is looking to expand his business? This is a number that has always interested me due to the many times that I have been out of work. It is very hard to get a job while unemployment is high. My resume typers were Pat and Paulette and both of them got tired of my asking for minor changes, required for the industry I was searching or the type of job I believed to be available. To those that already have jobs, keep them. Do what is necessary to retain them. A recession is so much easier to get through with a job. Without a job savings deplete, energy depletes and hope depletes.

2 Comments:

  • Good advice.
    To hold on to a job I always recalled what Pa told me a long time ago. "Always do more than expected." Until retirement in 2003 I was never without a job since graduating from high school.

    By Blogger John Beauregard, at 5:10 PM  

  • I wish I could say the same......... I'm still unemployeed and part of the 9.5%, wishing I weren't.

    There are people out there who do not care to work. I for one am not one of them. I like working. It's very depressing to not have a job.

    My job then is to find a job. It's exausting.

    By Blogger cheryl, at 7:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home