Musings

Sunday, September 06, 2009

Tennis Thoughts

Serena is one of the most impressive persons in tennis with a muscular body that rivals a pro full-back. Her presence of the court forces you to keep your eyes on her and not on her opponent. The pink outfit she wore revealed heavy sweat lines which shows how hard she works in a match. Her strokes are powerful and I feel sorry for the dainty things that oppose her. Nidal does not seem like Nidal without seeing his formidable deltoids. I don't want him to change his image. Sharapova lost but I did not see it. I saw the earlier win she had and she appeared to have overcome the surgery. The lady that beat her was so much smaller, like being beaten by a Munchkin. Surprisingly, Roddick lost to someone I had not previously seen. Did he stay up too late before the match? The Clijsters/Venus match was surprising with Kim coming out so strong and winning the first set 6-0. Then the champion urge in Venus came back and she took it also at 6-0. The third set was a nail biter. Can a player that has been out of tennis for two years really come back and beat a champion like Venus? Kim got an early break and took it to the end. What is happening to the old champions?

1 Comments:

  • I saw John Isner in Los Angeles. He's been around for a while, but I have never seen him play so well. I only saw part of the match (I don't have the tennis channel, boo hoo), but Roddick said he played well, that Isner just played better.

    Kim is playing wonderfully, but I don't think that Venus was at her best. I think that knee injury affected her serve.

    Nadal has an injury issue too that makes me nervous for his next round. This is the last major for a grand slam for Nadal.

    17 year old, Oudin has a lot of power and she just plain stayed with Sarapova who is still not quite up to her best game yet. Oudin is on her way up with a bullet. She beat Dementiava (winner of the US Open series) and she beat Jankovic at another major this year.

    Great Tennis!

    By Blogger KathrynVH, at 8:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home