Musings

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Glenn Beck

One TV news show about which I was fond has now begun to sour for me, it is the O'Rielly Show. His smug and superior manner grates, and his slogan "The Spin Stops Here" is no longer true. It may be that his success (top news show for a number of years) has gone to his head. I find that I make no effort to see his show, will watch it if it is on, am not reluctant to turn to something else. There is a news show that has captured my interest, the Glenn Beck Show on Fox News. Glenn looks like the Pillsbury Dough Boy and has a face that contorts and stretches much like Jim Carry. His sense of humor is showing through much of the show. At first glance he appears to be a court jester, donning weird attire, or showing a prop, or doing something outrageous. It is done to enable people to remember what he is talking about because he is very serious about the content of his show. His mannerisms must be seen to be believed and his ability to get a point across is without peer. He has a book out called "Common Sense" which he wrote because he was moved by the original "Common Sense" written by Thomas Paine. He believes we live in perilous times and is trying to get the American people to wake up to what is happening around them. He attempts to expose ACORN for what it is, funded by Communists and extreme in it's goals. He does this in an entertaining way. Turn him on and see for yourself. He is on Fox News.

3 Comments:

  • As you might have told us.......if we were day dreaming and staring in church....."is that what you're here for? To see what everyone else is wearing? Stop worrying about what everyone else is doing and pay attention to what you are doing.”

    Jesus wore sandals…….. and a dress (however I’m not so sure they called it a dress back then) He doesn’t care what you are wearing. We don’t even mind what you are wearing at any time of the day or no matter what day it is (as long as you have something on).

    By Blogger cheryl, at 1:34 PM  

  • I like Glenn Beck but, I've never seen him on TV. I listen to his radio show at least a few times a week. He is funny! I really enjoy his show. I also listen to Rush and Sean and Boortz and I have to say Glenn Beck is the most entertaining! But my favorite radio program is by far Dave Ramsey!
    -Tracy

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:20 AM  

  • Cheryl, they called Jesus clothes, cloaks, maybe rags. We'd have to a ask a Jewish tailor.

    Mom

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home