Musings

Monday, March 15, 2010

The 912 Project

How can I have missed this movement? Perhaps my mind was in free-wheeling whenever the term came up. In any case, here is a movement that is using principles and values to further their agenda. There are nine principles and twelve values. In references to the Tea Party people I think I made the mistake of assuming they were one and the same. Now I find that they are entirely different groups. The Tea Party group is now trying to determine how to influence the two political parties, where to place their support, whether to align with a party or to start a new one. The 912 Project wants their support to go to any politician that will state adherence to the nine principles and the twelve values before getting their support. It will be interesting to see how many politicians are willing to do that.

3 Comments:

  • I predict that no politician, Democrat, Republican or Independent, will be willing to adhere to the nine principals much less the twelve values but I doubt that will stop any from claiming they will.

    By Blogger John Beauregard, at 2:41 PM  

  • I was remiss in not including the Nine Principles, here they are:

    1. America is good.
    2. I believe in God and he is the center of my life.
    3. I must always try to be a more honest person than I was yesterday.
    4. The family is sacred. My spouse and I are the ultimate authority and not the government.
    5. If you break the law you pay the penalty. Justice is blind and no one is above it.
    6. I have a right to life, liberty, and the persuit of happiness, but there is no guarantee of equal results.
    7. I work hard for what I have and I will share it with who I want to. Government cannot force me to be charitable.
    8. It is not un-American for me to disagree with authority or to share my personal opinions.
    9. The government works for me. I do not answer to them; they answer to me.

    Also, here are the Twelve Values:
    Honesty - Sincerety - Reverence - Moderation - Hope - Hard Work - Thrift - Courage - Humility - Personal Responsibility -Charity - Gratitude

    By Blogger Marcel, at 6:36 PM  

  • chanel watch attending actual abundant like absolute watches.Zebra and Leopard book dials are adorned with or after clear bezels and markers. The Safari Collection appearance atramentous or white Plasteramic armlet with butterfly closure .

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home