Musings

Monday, May 24, 2010

Too Much

The tennis French Open has started and Venus Williams has just made a mockery of tennis decorum. She is wearing an outfit of her own design the makes her appear to have no pants underneath her skirt. Why would she do that? Is it because her sister has made a lot of money designing clothes and this is a way to get publicity for her own line of clothes? Tennis purists insist of seeing good tennis and care little for the outfits that are worn. It is the athleticism, fitness and skill that are of concern to them. Billie Jean King, Crissy Evert where are you when we need you.

7 Comments:

  • Look at us agreeing.

    I saw only clips on the news, but my initial thought was she looks horrible.

    I make no claims of being a tennis purist, not even much of a fan per se, but I do "long for the days" of the white uniforms.

    By Blogger Adrienne, at 5:33 PM  

  • I watched the whole match and I never noticed. With all the other outrageous conduct by athletes, I can't say that this ranks very high on my meter for these things, but then I was screaming at the lines person along with Serena last year, so I might possibly have a blind spot of love for my favorite tennis players--they rock so seriously.

    By Blogger KathrynVH, at 9:26 AM  

  • Wow! I just saw this picture http://twitpic.com/1qt4hh. It looks like she is wearing a nightie!

    By Blogger EZ Travel, at 1:22 PM  

  • Now that you have seen her picture perhaps we can agree that this is begining to look like that other atheletic sport, pole dancing. Sport pervisions are not new: golf had frisbee golf, baseball had donkey baseball, football had three player football, on the other hand, hockey has always been hockey.

    By Blogger Marcel, at 3:10 PM  

  • Except for broom hocky, roller hocky and field hocky.

    za

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:34 PM  

  • Very good Marty, I overlooked those and should have remembered. I did play roller hockey with my son-in-law and the grandchildren. He and the kids were on skates and I was in tennis schoes. He was surprised, when in a close scramble with me, I would hold his stick. He belived it was unfair. Haha.

    By Blogger Marcel, at 4:14 AM  

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home