Musings

Saturday, August 14, 2010

Voting the Incumbent Out

My Republican congressman has served this community for 22 years. He always votes with the party leaders and his record is highly conservative. This primary I am voting for his opponent who has come from the Tea Party movement. Starnes will try to stay in office for the rest of his life. This new person is for term limits, the Fair Tax, smaller government, closing the border and 2nd amendment rights. When we asked Starnes a question about the Fair Tax, his answer revealed he did not know it at all though he said he had read it and supported it. A startling thing has happened in the adjoining congressional district, Corrine Brown (D) has an opponent. He is black and has some tie with the Tea Party movement though I don't know what it is. That would be something if she would lose her seat.

5 Comments:

  • I feel exactly as you about our Republican congressman who has been in office for about 30 years. He votes almost exclusively with Republicans including Bush's terrible financial bills, drug bill and his so called comprehensive immigration bill. Unfortunately no one opposed him in our primary. If he would have been opposed by a true conservative I would have voted him out.

    In California there is a finite possibility that Senator Barbara Boxer may be defeated. Unfortunately her Republican opponent (Carley Fiorina) is not adequately conservative for my taste but I will hold my nose and vote for her as the lessor of evils.

    By Blogger John Beauregard, at 9:03 AM  

  • I forgot about how Starnes supported those Bush bills that were such a disaster.

    The person I am voting for is Don Browning. I checked his web site this morning and he was better than I had at first believed. I fear he is not well known and I am sure he does not have enough funds. Stil, I have hope.

    By Blogger Marcel, at 10:30 AM  

  • One fresh jewelry variety which has really made in big lately is actually Pandora jewellery uk .There is a huge demand from buyers for this new thrilling jewellery and everyone wants to celebrate inside the fun, particularly with Christmas looming just about the corner.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:36 AM  

  • You’ll can make use of the Motion Middle to north face outlet store how a MAIN SYSTEM tells an individual concerned with methods variations.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:25 AM  

  • Thank you for sharing your knowledge on this topic with your readers. I, for one appreciate how much work you went to in putting all this together. Thanks a bunch.

    By Anonymous moncler, at 11:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home