Musings

Saturday, June 23, 2012

A Crushing Blow

There are things that should never be said even though we are blessed with free speech. A gentrified society is one that uses language arts to insure that no one is offended, yet, truth is always spoken. Hence the common phrase: "Bless her heart" usually uttered after saying a truth which is critical of the actions or behavior of some individual.

The other day Pat said to me: "Your nipples have dropped." This was news to me and, as I pondered what that meant, it all became confusing. Was this merely an innocent comment about an observation or was there something deeper meant. Should I exercise more? Should I hold my shoulders back more? Then again, females with this type of problem are able to use a common bra to keep others in the dark about their condition. But what does a man do?

Does anyone ever say this to a woman, "Your nipples have dropped." I don't think so. Or, "Her nipples have dropped." even if accompanied by: "Bless her heart." I do prefer our mixed company politeness in conversations in which offensive statements are avoided. There truly are some statements that should be avoided.

But then, a wife can sometimes assess what she sees and render information that is meaningful to her but confounding to a husband. Now, if I can only figure how to get those darn things up.

6 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home