Musings

Sunday, July 22, 2007

Stupid

He used it twice, and with attitude. I was astonished that he did it and it took a while to believe that he actually used stupid to critize a whole group of people. No, it is not Michael Vick and the Pit Bull fighting episode. This is in a letter to the Galatians by St. Paul. I had never read this letter and had always believed that St. Paul was a kind, docile,holy man who only spread the Good News. This Sunday in Church there was a reference to the "Letter to the Galatians" and, never having read it, I decided to read it. It is surprisingly short, only five pages. Paul was upset that these people were thinking of getting circumsised in order to become fully Christian. Paul was against it and gives reasons why circumcision is not necessary. If you were like me, never having read it, give it a look.

1 Comments:

  • St. Paul, a docile guy? The way I heard it was that he was pretty aggressive and he was the reason that I had to wear a handkerchief on my head in church.

    By Blogger KathrynVH, at 11:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home