Musings

Saturday, September 15, 2007

Disapointment

The Atlanta Braves do not show up on television very often in Jacksonville but they are my favorite team to watch. They were scheduled to be on last Wednesday at 7:00 PM and I looked forward to watching that game. I had a very light dinner so that I could enjoy some popcorn during the game. The game would follow the Seinfeld show and so that is what I watched while waiting for the start of the game. Promptly at 7:00 the electricity shut off, sputtered a few times in an attempt to restart and then nothing. Pat and I just sat there waiting for it to come back. After some time we realized it was not coming back on. She lit some lamps and candles and we sat doing nothing. There is no way that reading could be a pleasure with such dim lighting. (How did Lincoln get an education by lamplight?) About 8:00 we decided to go to bed and would watch the game there if the power went on. Both of us fell asleep and awoke only when the power returned, at 11:00. I turned the TV on and the game had just finished. Is there a name for the loss of time that exactly coincides with a desired event?

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home