Musings

Saturday, December 29, 2007

Second Thoughts

A declaration for Mike Huckabee was a bit premature. Some of his opponents have exposed information upon which Mike had put a good spin, I bought the spin. His avowal that he was a law and order man does not reconcile with the fact that he released over one thousand prisoners out of jail. His signing an order that gave illegal aliens free college tuition while ignoring out of state students showed he is soft on illegals. (He let his heart get in the way of good governance.) While he said he cut taxes, and he did, the fact was that the overall tax burden for Arkansas citizens increased. There are a few other minor things that bother me, so now I am back on the fence.

2 Comments:

  • The Libertarian Party is always looking for a few good men.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:18 AM  

  • I find all the white house hopefuls have flaws that I don't like. Some are more serious than others.
    I still like Mike and Mit but Mit's Kerryesque flip flopping is disturbing.
    The fence may be a good temporary position but eventually you need to hold your nose and commit. You need to commit before I do. Unfortunately "non of the above" is not an option.

    By Blogger John Beauregard, at 6:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home