Musings

Monday, October 29, 2007

Rock

While walking to a table with my McDonald's sandwich I saw Charles in a booth. He asked me to join him and I slid in next to him. Opposite us was a person that Charles immediately began to introduce me to, his name was Rock. He extended his hand and I instinctively put mine out. As I did, a sense of revulsion came over me and I did not want to shake his hand, I did not want to touch him at all. What I saw was a sixty year-old man with a tattoo on his arm that ran down to his hand. The tattoo was an arrow with the tip stopping just above the knuckles. His skin had the look of not having been washed in a week, or a month. His hair was matted and he had a straggly beard about ten inches long. His clothes had the look of having been put on a week ago and never taken off since then. I could not help myself, politeness overcame revulsion, I shook his hand. As I sat down and started to eat my sandwich (yes, without washing after having shaken his hand) he continued a story he was telling Charles. He was going to go to a Motorcycle Meet and he would be riding his world famous bike, a bike in the shape of a skeleton. He said everyone wants to get their picture taken with this bike, especially beautiful women. He implied that there were many things that beautiful women would do just to get their picture taken on that bike, not the least of which was to lift a blouse and see her boobs. He said he gets a large crowd around his bike all the time. As he was relating this I looked at him closely and had the feeling I had seen him before. Both Charles and I made listening noises and he continued to talk. He had been in business and made a lot of money - and lost a lot of money. He was a businessman but he lost the business. He one time owned a great deal of very expensive property all over the State but he sold it for a mere pittance. I questioned him about this and he admitted, "Well a bitch took it in a divorce." He said the woman he was married to was the most beautiful and shapely person alive. They had a huge house on a large estate. (I did not ask where the money came from but he indicated that she had lots of it.) At this point, a friend of Rock's came by and slid into the booth next to him, he was not introduced. Rock began to talk about his full size manikin at home that was anatomically perfect. He shows her off to many people and all agree that she is really something. He said she looks like a cover girl and he has different clothes for her to wear. Rock's friend nodded in agreement. A closer look at Rock revealed: very bad teeth, eyes were slightly rimmed with red, the exposed skin of his face had small lumps, the left arm had a small tattoo near the bicep, his beard had never been trimmed. When he talked he was self assured, he was not accustomed to being contradicted. It was obvious he had told these stories many times before and he enjoyed telling them. I also perceived that he realized that Charles and I did not react in the manner in which he was accustomed which made him exclaim that he could prove it all. His friend agreed to everything. At this point I had to leave, excused myself, and left. As I was driving away, it hit me, I knew where I had seen Rock. About eight months ago, I had viewed a government web site on registered sex offenders in this area. This site has address and pictures of these sex offenders, and Rock's picture was there. There are seventeen sex offenders in our vicinity and I had looked at all those pictures. Weird guy.

11 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home