Musings

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Fancy Pants

Dawn's Christmas present to me was a pair of Cycling Pants. These pants overcome that skinny seat on indoor exercise cycles that can hurt so much when spending one hour on the bike. Ordinarily, a thick pad is slid over the seat to give it some padding. The pants are padded in the places that rub on the bike seat and are very comfortable. I have been using the pants since I got them. One day, one of the ladies in the class noticed that I did not have one of the seat pads and remarked that I must be sore. I told her about the padded pants, whereupon she asked; "How soft are they?" I told her she could feel for herself and turned to let her feel. She started to reach for my seat and pulled back slightly embarrassed. I encouraged her to, "Go ahead and feel." She then slowly reached forward and touched my seat. I told her she had to feel how thick the pads were to truly understand the comfort afforded. She reached again and this time felt the thickness of the pad, all the while looking around to see if anybody was watching her grab at my rear. She was surprised at what she felt and pleased that she had accomplished this awkward grope. She said she was going to go out and buy a pair of pants just like them. We parted, but as I was going down the hall I could here her talking excitedly to some other women. Since then I have noticed some ladies giving me long looks. I am a popular guy.

4 Comments:

  • I'm gonna have to get me some of them there fancy pants.

    By Blogger Tim B., at 6:40 AM  

  • Sounds like these women are jealous of your nicely rounded rear.

    By Blogger Monica, at 7:36 AM  

  • Hey there Mr. Fancy Pants... That nicely rounded rear must run in the family... :-)

    By Blogger Sean M., at 3:16 PM  

  • I remember being fairly shocked when I first saw a friend of mine in those fancy biking pants. I did resist the urge to reach out and touch, and he didn't offer. You are obviously a much better friend that he was.

    By Blogger EZ Travel, at 5:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home